At HMGCC, one of our main objectives is to ensure the security of vital government data. That's why it's essential that everyone who works here goes through a security clearance process, and that everyone who applies meets our eligibility criteria.
You can join HMGCC if:
- You are a British citizen, and
- One of your parents is a British citizen, or has substantial ties to the UK, and
- You have been resident primarily in the UK for the last 10 years
The security vetting process will begin if your initial application is successful and we ask you to come for an interview. Vetting is important, because we need to be sure that all our people are reliable and trustworthy. Everyone who works at HMGCC is security cleared to the very highest level. When you join us you will have completed a comprehensive vetting process that can take up to three months after you have been given your initial offer.
Medical and drugs test
As part of the process you will need to complete an on-line medical questionnaire which may be followed up by our Occupational Health team.
You will also be tested for drugs. If you have used Class A drugs within the last 12 months, or Class B/C drugs in the last six months, your application will not be taken forward.
If, after your application, you are asked for interview, you'll need to fill in the security forms below. This can be viewed online but you will have to print the form in order to sign it (using a fountain pen, felt-tip or biro with black ink please).
- Please download and read the DV guidance notes.
- Please download, read, sign and post back to the address below the SC supplement, ticking the DV box on page 1.
- Please download, read, sign and post back to the address below the DV supplement.
- Please download, read, sign and post back to the address below the Financial supplement.
Tel: 01908 510052
Please also bring your completed forms and photographic I.D. with you when you come to interview.